Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Circular weight loss.

"Will It Go Round in Circles" is a song written by Bruce Fisher and Billy Preston, and recorded by Preston for his 1972 album Music Is My Life. On its release as a single in 1973, the song was a number-one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and sold over a million copies.

It has almost been a year since I last posted to this blog. Injuries and illness have plagued me since I turned 50 (December of 2010). Accompanying the illness and injuries has been a circle of weight loss and gain. The latest illness was pneumonia. This nasty bout of sickness left me very week and unable to participate in physical exercise for two months.

I am currently 187 pounds. I will be spending two weeks with the person who is responsible for my ship slowing rising off the bottom of the lake (see my July 19, 2010 post). I hope to be 185 lbs before I leave and return weighing 180 pounds or less.

What I learned on this journey is that Preston is one of several people sometimes referred to by outsiders as a "Fifth Beatle." At one point John Lennon even proposed the idea of having him as the "Fifth Beatle" (to which Paul countered that it was bad enough with four).

1 comment: