Sunday, October 11, 2009

YMCA

"Y.M.C.A." is a 1978 song by the Village People which became a hit in January 1979. The song reached #2 on the U.S. charts in early 1979 and reached No.1 in the UK around the same time, becoming the group's biggest hit ever. It also became (and continues) as a popular dance in which the arms are used to spell out the four letters of the song's title. It is frequently played during breaks in the action at sporting events with crowds using the dance as an opportunity to stretch. Just what my behavioral modification plan calls me to do, stretch and move my muscles.
One way for me to get the full effect of exercise in relation to fat loss is to work my larger muscle groups. So that means workouts using my legs and arms which will burn more calories while I am exercising and when I am not exercising.
I think I have the right idea to maximum fat burning.
Two months ago I stopped going to the YMCA. What a mistake. We used to have a family membership so going presented some internal emotional conflict. I think I will get on the treadmill, set it at 1.5% up hill and walk all over that emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment