Sunday, January 3, 2010

Time to Give My Best

Anita Baker, an American R&B and soul singer-songwriter released her third album, Giving You the Best That I Got , in October 1988. The album became a critical and commercial success, reaching number one on the Billboard 200 chart and selling five million copies worldwide. The title track, which became Baker's biggest pop hit, reaching number three on the Billboard Hot 100.

Christmas 2009 saw me return to my former glory of 197 pounds. Too many Christmas cookies! It also heralded (yes like Hark the Herald angels sing) the arrival of my treadmill. Last night my oldest son and his wife came over and set up the treadmill for me. I will try it out for the first time tomorrow morning before going to work. My desire is to give 2010 "the best that I got."

I also recently learned that most people fail to keep their New Year Resolutions before Valentines Day. What are the chances I fall into that group?

2 comments:

  1. That's why I don't make them. I'm more into short-term goals. Kudos to you for starting strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WILL NOT fail! I'm cheering you on! :) Kate

    ReplyDelete