Monday, August 9, 2010

A Simple Song

In August 1968 the first single from the Beatles' record label Apple Records was released. The name was “Hey Jude”. Spending nine weeks as the number one in the United States, setting a new record, until “You Light Up My Life” beat it. More than seven minutes in length, "Hey Jude" begins with a verse-bridge structure based around McCartney's vocal performance. The ballad, and I love ballads, evolved from "Hey Jules," a song Paul McCartney wrote to comfort John Lennon's son Julian during his parents' divorce.

I am not sure there was any comfort offered to my children after my divorce. No songs or books to soothe any hurts. There were no fancy dinners or the closeness of friends rushing to their side. I can only imagine that it was quite the opposite. So here, in this blog, and then with my life I am composing a song to them. It simply says I love you. We are going to be all right.

Yesterday, I completed jogging 5k for the second time in as many weeks. I am working towards jogging a 5k to support nursing in Oklahoma. There will not be any fanfare when I cross the finish line. There may not even be a single person present that I know to see it happen. But, as long as God allows, it will. So, to my four children: David, Daniel, Faith, and Jeffery Jr., on September 25th I am running “Hey Jude, I love you. We are going to be all right”.

http://www.occc.edu/lifesaver/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment